The NeilMed Naspira is the worlds most uniquely designed system, where several important safety, quality and efficacy features are combined. With our unique 2-in-1 design, you can either use it as a NeilMed NasaBulb aspirator or as an effective Nasal-Oral suction device where parents can use suction force generated by the mouth similar to sucking through a straw. By using the NeilMed Naspira NOA, you can quickly remove nasal mucus safely and effectively by creating a negative airflow of 5 to 10 liters or more per minute plus longer duration of suction, as opposed to simply using a bulb aspirator where the suction duration is less than half a second. In addition, the NeilMed Naspira NOA features in-line disposable filters to protect the parent from contact with mucus. The one-way valve prevents a large volume of accidental air from the parents mouth from blowing into the babys nose and prevents pushing down of the mucus.
This product may not be right for you. Always read the label, warnings and instructions for use. The product advice is general in nature and does not replace the need to discuss your needs with a General Practitioner or other health professional.
Directions for Use
1. Hold the baby in an upright to semi-upright position, well secured in your arms, and be sure that the baby is comfortable.
2. Place the tip of the bulb into the babys nostril and suck very gently through the mouthpiece, as if you are drinking a liquid from a straw. If needed, you can always use more suction force. The mouthpiece is a one-way valve and will not allow you to blow into the babys nose.
3. A pre-treatment with a few drops of saline solution or saline spray in each nostril may help loosen thick mucus before using the NeilMed¬ Naspira¬ Nasal-Oral Aspirator (NOA). Mucus from the babys nostrils will come out very easily and transfer mainly to the tip, and if excessive, into the bulbous area during suctioning.
4. Repeat the previous steps in the same and/or the other nostril as necessary.
5. Please follow the cleaning and disinfection protocol for the safety of yourself and your baby.
6. Change filter if it is soiled with secretions or after the acute infection is over or every week during use.